Friday, July 20, 2007

Sergeant Joe

Today is Friday.....All DAY, do you believe it??? what a boring post...ok back to work.

one more thing....even though I didn't grow up in the era...what happened to good shows, like Dragnet, M*A*S*H, CAR 54, The Jack Benny Program, Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, The Odd Couple...or pretty much EVERYTHING that's on the TVLAND channel. I mean, c'mon, are our kids, or our kid's kids...going to one day say..."oh man, where are those classic shows like...America's Got Talent, Big Brother, Survivor, According to Jim, Reba, King of Queens, Yes Dear, or American Idol??" Are they going to say this??? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!! I can almost guarantee it! Or is television like music...I am sure for every Benny Goodman, Woody Herman, and Artie Shaw, there were TONS of other band leaders we never heard of, or for every Beatles or Stones, there were countless amount of mediocre sound alike groups that no one cares to recall. So maybe shows like The Cosby Show, Cheers, Seinfeld, and possibly Friends, will be the MASH's and Odd Couple's of the future...again....I am sad to say....i doubt it.

Or will media and entertainment be so advanced 20yrs from now that viewing a TV show two dimensionally and not actually participating in the show will be laughable and archaic? And this will all be irrelevant?

Wow this post got away from me. I am sure I can go on and on and on about how sad I think TV programming is these days...But I will not....such a strong avenue to influence people....and all we have on it is seeing if people can dance.

ho humm....

*for those wondering, the picture was added after ranting... I originally didn't set out to spew hatred towards current television programming.
good day

4 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all, calm down. To say that Car 54 was a good show is pushing it a bit. The other ones I will give you, but you are lumping two time periods together. The Jack Benny Program was in 1950 and M*A*S*H didn't come along until twenty two years later. I still think it was one of the best comedies, or simply the best show, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i enjoyed Car 54! well when I was younger. And I know I lumped different periods together...I was basically just picking classic shows from a different era. M*A*S*H, 22 years later? Jack Benny ended in '65 and M*A*S*H started in '72, only 7 yrs difference...not THAT big of a gap to say it's 2 different time periods. But none the less..I had got my point across in the post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe television will be something like that found in "Fahrenheit 451" (Ray's least favorite book).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Big Brother and Reba!! :)

    ReplyDelete