Tuesday, July 17, 2007

calmed by commotion

This has got to be one of my favorite photos that I took while visiting New Jersey this past June. I don't know what it is about this picture that just grabs me. Maybe part of the fact that it wasn't a planned picture. I snapped it in the midsts of the hectic commotion trying to get everyone setup for the big family picture. My nephew Dylan seems impervious to the loud talking and babies crying around him, with us all trying to get ready for the picture. The look on his face is in a way, touching and calming. I did however do a bit of editing to the photo. The original was color, I added a dark vignetting effect and I blurred out the surroundings and sharpened Dylan in the middle to help convey the isolation he has from the commotion around him. And the fact that he is looking right at the camera creates even more of the tunnel aspect of the photo.

2 comments:

  1. you know i can totally see this photo hanging in an art gallery. it's the perfect photo.

    ReplyDelete