Saturday, July 28, 2007

GROSS!

All it took was one measly hair. Oatmeal this morning....sat down to eat it...first scoop...HAIR!!!!! It luckily did not make it to the mouth. 'twas not mine, I have none....not my wife's...it was not a dark hair. But that's all it took for me to waste an entire bowl of oat meal. I was disgusted and grossed out.
What is it about one foreign hair that turns us off and initiates the gag response? Is it because we don't know where it comes from? Who it was a part of? how long it was in there? Was it in the bowl? the packet of outmeal? Is it one of your own? Or is it because WE know what it's like to have a foreign hair in our mouths, trying to remove it with our fingers...unable to get a good grasp on it, due to the saliva and other food that is floating around our mouths?

I would much rather have a dead bug in my food. I might even have continued eating, after removing said object. GROSS!

1 comment: