Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fly, yes. Land, no.


May 22nd my friends....May 22nd. It has been a long time since Indy has graced the screen of movie theaters. Next month is going to be the first time in 19 years we get to join Henry Jones Jr. on yet another adventure. I honestly can't understand why movies like this are not made anymore...the story, the originality, the creativity, the music, emotion, acting...everything.

I remember seeing each of the first 3 movies with my Dad when I was young, and I think part of the reason why I find these movies so awesome and feel a connection with them, is because he most likely enjoyed the films just as much as I did, if not even more. I remember him covering my eyes during 'Temple of Doom' to somehow protect me from the imagery from when Mola Ram was removing the heart of one of his sacrifice victims by hand. It is odd...everytime i think of the Indiana Jones films, I tend to think of my dad and our relationship....strange...? yes i know, but for some reason I do.

I do plan on going to see this one on opening weekend...and I rarely if EVER go on opening weekends. However...IF i can wait (which I probably won't be able to) I will do my best to hold out and see the film when my mom and dad visit in July....but i am not totally sure the film will be out that long in theaters. If anything I will see it, then go see it AGAIN when he visits...won't be too difficult to do :-)

4 comments:

  1. "X" never, ever marks the spot.

    Maybe 19 years ago it would have lasted in theaters until July, but present day? I don't think so. I guess I won't be able to put my hand over your eyes when any disturbing scene is shown. I do remember doing that, hoping to spare you any psychological trauma ...... And it says something about you that you know Mola Ram was the name of the guy. ..... Gotta love that music. .... Now you have me looking forward to seeing it. What if I fly out in the morning and take the redeye home on the 22nd? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mola Ram... IMDB. I knew it was mola something...so i relied on good ol imdb.

    fly out for just one day....sounds good to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh..i also remember...we saw the movie in Brunswick Square Mall's Theater.
    Waiting in the long hall that lead to the theaters, for the showing before us to let out and as they were ushering out, some older kids walking past us in the crowd of people said loudly, 'damn i wish indiana didn't have to die'. I believed it for a second and remember looking up at you with a sever upset feeling and you, just shaking your head 'no'.

    ah fond memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't remember going with your mom and sister also? :(
    I remember that same thing happening now that you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete