Sunday, April 6, 2008

California

Ok so as I'm sure most of you know I've got this love/hate relationship going with California. The past few months it's been more of a hate relationship but the holidays are to blame for that. Since spring has come upon us it's slowly turning into that love relationship again. Let me explain why....

#1 The roses on our patio are in full bloom. To think that just 4 years ago we planted this dinky little rose climber and now it's absolutely fantastic to look at and the smell is spring at its best.

#2 Our orange tree is getting its flowers. If you leave our patio door open you can smell the orange tree while standing in our kitchen. And the oranges are really juicy! 2 days in a row now I've made freshly squeezed orange juice for myself. AND the boys love the juice too.

#3 Farmers markets. Plain & simple farmers markets. I am back into the routine of buying all our fruits & veggies at the local farmers markets. And I spend less than $20 a week which makes me even more happier! It makes me want to cook even more than I normally do...tonight I made fresh arugula pesto sauce over pasta. Deeeelish if I don't say so myself.

#4 Spending all our afternoons either in the backyard or at the park (it was a cold winter here in southern CA).

#5 Flip flops.

Ah...yes folks I am in love with California again.

2 comments:

  1. #1 We have to get there sometime in the spring because we have never seen them in bloom.

    #2 Oranges we have seen, but not the blossoms. Wasps flying around the tree we have seen.

    #3 Can you freeze some of those meals and send them to us?

    #4 Cold winter in CA??????? Blah, blah, blah. Of course it wasn't that cold here either, and as yet we haven't had any real spring weather with it always being rainy and damp. I feel like we live in Seattle.

    #5 Who says you can't wear flip flops in the winter? And watch out for the pop tops or you'll blow our your flip flops.

    When are the boys going to start making entries on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freeze some of the meals I don't think so. I will cook it when you visit. Tonight I made sun dried tomatoes & arugula tartines. very yummy!

    flip flops in the winter - i just can't do that. Anything below 65 degrees calls for socks.

    k & q can enter their own blogs when they learn not to pound on the laptop every time it's in front of them. LOL

    ReplyDelete