Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Timewarner better like baseball (angry post reader beware)

One...I am posting this because...people seem to have forgotten about blogs and what they are for. There has been a serious decrease in posts among the/our blog community. C'mon people life isn't THAT busy or boring that there is no time or topic to post about. Does anyone even read posts anymore? My lovely wife posted information about her going back to work...something that is very important to her. And no one commented. She was almost in tears....locked herself in our room, and would not cook or feed the family...the house was in shambles. We were all falling apart. NAH...just kidding, she fed the boys at least.

and Two, I am posting this because I am temporarily angry with Timewarner Cable. :-)

All I have to say is, I hope for damn sure, Timewarner Cable removes their head that is firmly planted in their rectal area, and announces that TBS HD will be available for the MLB Post Season next week. First of all, what brainiac thought up this contract??? TBS for POST SEASON???? C'mon, TBS wasn't even a clear broadcast when everyone was still viewing it on standard definition sets. Now they are carrying the post season? And to make it even worse, they have that annoying pop culture whiney sell-out Dane Cook doing the promos. (side note - Dane Cook is the Dave Matthew's Band of Comedy...meaning, he is famous only because college kids are a bit too inebriated and hung over to realize what good entertainment is.)

Anywhoo, By default I am sure everyone in the Atlanta/South Eastern States get it in HD. But now the rest of the US has to wait patiently until the rest of the cable/satellite carriers figure out the contracts and rights to carry it.
Some markets, I have heard have received the TBS HD already...one of them being Boston. They probably got it to them so those fans can watch the collapse in crisp visual quality like in previous years.
So I patiently wait...hoping for some good news. Because it is going to be very difficult to watch the post season, if it's broadcast in standard definition, on an HD set.

Ok, now I will have my morning cup of coffee....maybe if i wrote this after the first few sips, I wouldn't have been so irate.

KEEP BLOGGING PEOPLE!!! :-)

love to all.

7 comments:

  1. First, take a Xanax. Then remember that not all people have HD so we commoners don't really identify with your crisis.

    Now as to the blogging deficiency, I have posted on my blog recently, so I am assuming you are referring to Uncle Rick and Lauren. But then Lauren posted on the 13th which is two weeks ago, so I can understand your comment.

    And finally, I have been reading your blog as I get notified via RSS, and I apologize for not commenting on every post you and Tracy put up. I will try to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is RSS and is it something i can do on my computer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i meant to say this too...

    TBS STINKS

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder do people still look at your daily photos on the gathering pixels?

    ReplyDelete
  5. RSS? Ask your computer maven husband to esplain it to you.

    I look at the photos, but not every day. It usually takes a posting on your blog to prompt me to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And after I comment on the photos, I go to visit the site again, and get a message "service unavailable".

    ReplyDelete
  7. with two children running around and hanging on me when I am in the den my posting ability is pretty limited. I will definitely try to post when we get back home.
    And for some reason I check your daily pictures more often than your blog, maybe because it is easier to quickly look at pictures rather than read.

    ReplyDelete