Monday, September 24, 2007

Phanfare for the Common Man

There comes a time in every man's life, where he finds something better...something more suited to his needs, a better all around woman. It has been a fun experience together, Picasa. For the time we spent as partners, you filled my every need. At that time you were very innovative. You offered for free, what many charged for. And even though you were designed for another platform, you worked decently with me and my Mac. With a touch of help from third parties, we were able to co-exist and work seamlessly to share many of my photographs with family and friends.

However, as time progressed, there were many things I wish you could do. Things that others were beginning to do and offer, so easily...yearly galleries, sub-folders, video upload from a mac, mac support, the list goes on. Over time I noticed more, the lack of support we mac users received. You just were not giving me what I needed. You are great at what you do, and there are a few things (embedded slide shows, integration with my blog) I will not be able to do with this new 'woman', but the pros most certainly out weigh the cons. So...as much as it might hurt you....I must move on.

This new 'thing' I speak of is PHANFARE. For this time being, she is everything I need...to share my photos and videos with friends and family.

So now, I share with everyone.. our new picture gallery site.
KEVIN & TRACY'S ALBUMS

The galleries go all the way back to 2002. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment