Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm such a mother worker!

Today was my official "first day back to work." For those of you that didn't know...yes, I am back to work on a part-time basis just a few days a month. I am doing the same thing I was before...sales & marketing for upscale hotels.....working for an LA based company, JH Hotels. I prepared my clothes the night before, woke up extra early to get ready, my hubby made me coffee to go, kissed my boys on the cheek (all 3 of them), and left for the day. It was strange at first to leave my boys but then I turned on the radio and enjoyed my 55 minute ride in traffic listening to the radio and drinking my coffee. I was greeted with enthusiasm by all my former clients when I walked into their offices. One particular office jumped out of their chairs and started clapping in joy that I was back to work. The receptionist in one office announced me over the loudspeaker by saying "Tracy Riepl is baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!" Obviously this made my head a tiny bit bigger...thankfully the doorways are big in the offices I visit. :-) Needless to say I had a great first day back and on the way home a song by Whitney Houston came on the radio... "I'm Every Woman." ..... twas quite the liberating song for me and all I could think about was getting home to my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment