Sunday, May 4, 2008

Your In Nation and Duty

the other day, we were getting the boys ready for baths. Before going into the bathroom...we take clothes and diapers off, and let them run around naked for a short while in the hall way. Well, the two of them were standing at the closed bathroom door waiting to go in. Kaeden, closest to the door, started peeing. The pee stream at first was hitting the bathroom door, which I think got his attention. I believe this is the first time he has peed outside of wearing a diaper, and i think it took him by surprise. As he realized what was happening, he looked down and then up at us then down again (like..'what tha..?"), and proceeded to move backwards as if trying to get away from what was happening. As he continued to pee, he seemed to have no idea what was going on. It was rather humorous. Which leads me to my next story....about last night....

Again, it was bath night. So you can imagine...that it was diaper-less time. I am not a big fan of this...because of having to clean up urine. Tracy prefers to do it, to give them some freedom and air out their bottoms in case of diaper rash. So I go along...as any smart husband should/would. So...this time, we decided to let them roam around the living room FREE. Tracy de-clothes Kaeden and sends him to living room, and says to me awww take pictures of them naked...it's cute. So I oblige, and I go get camera in studio and tracy returns to bedroom to undress Quinton. I am gone but a mere 1minute, IF THAT and as I am returning with camera I am thinking...'sheesh I hope he's not peeing'. Well I enter living room and I see him standing completely still not moving at all....and think oh man..He's PEEING...then I see something drop off his but...and it clicked....in a panic driven voice I say WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH.....as I say this, Kaeden reacts to my whoahs by looking straight at me, puppy eyes and all, with his arms out and shoulders shrugged, as if to say "what daddy? what's the matter? did I do something wrong?" Behind him is a pile of doody, and small trail which leads to him and the bottom of his foot. Yes, he pooped, then stepped in it, then walked across carpet. SO....Tracy came in to help briefly, while Quinton played in the bedroom. As I finished cleaning Kaeden, I hear tracy yelling from their bedroom, I am concerned because I can't make out what she is yelling and Quinton was like i said briefly in the room alone, I thought he might be hurt or something. But no....I walk into their room with Kaeden, and I see Quinton standing there, while Tracy is laughing hysterically ....there is a nice sized LOG on the floor beneath where Quinton is standing. Luckily it was an easier clean up than Kaeden's becuase one, it was nice clean evacuated log, and it was NOT stepped in. We finally got them both cleaned up, let them run around a little more, while I scrubbed the HECK out of the carpet, THEN finally got them in the bath. YAY!!! Fun Stuff!!

Next time I propose not letting them run around without diapers, unless the diaper we remove from them has a fresh deposit in it.

4 comments:

  1. with regards to the last paragraph..... in my defense, both kaeden & quinton had fresh poop deposits in their diapers.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to parenthood :)

    I think we had one instant of Dylan pooping on the floor when he didn't make it to the toilet when potty training. Do they always poop at the smae time??

    ReplyDelete
  3. oddly enough they pretty much do poop at the same time. i never really thought about it until now - maybe it's the twin factor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that like when women who spend a lot of time together end up having their periods at the same time?

    Oh, and I am just curious if they will be house trained by the time we get out there?

    ReplyDelete