Saturday, May 17, 2008

May 17, 2008

Ok so FIVE years ago today Kevin and I got married. Tonight after the movie we wanted to go see was sold out we came home, sent the nanny home, poured a glass of wine, grabbed the chips & salsa, and took a trip down memory lane....

Yes, we watched our wedding dvd. We haven't seen our wedding dvd since before the boys were born and before I was pregnant with the boys. It's always fun watching our wedding day because it jogs our memory of things that happened that week, the night before, and the day of our wedding. My first reaction was "wow - we look really young." Kevin's first reaction was "wow - i did a fantastic job of putting this dvd together."

Some of my more funny favorite memories from watching the dvd were me not being able to walk on that friggin white carpet thing with my father, my father & father in law pushing their bellies out...my FAVORITE all time pic of them, my mother in law picking her nose during the rehearsal (yes we caught her on video doing this), the proud mary dance with uncle robby, the proud mary dance where kevin comes in at the end and gets all the credit, ..... i won't bore everyone reading this (which probably isn't a lot of people anyway) with the rest of my funny memories because I could go on for hours.

With the funny memories come the more serious ones... the ones that get you all choked up inside.... my father in law's toast...gets us every time we watch it...dancing with my dad, our vows, the kiss, my dress...yes, my dress makes me cry - i was so in love with that dress, our first dance, and i think the one memory that gets me all the time...lauren's toast to us. after watching it, i couldn't have asked for a better friend whom i am proud to call my sister today.

If you would have told me five years ago...or better yet if you would have told me 11 years ago that i would be where i am now ... well, wow ... I couldn't have asked for a better husband or a better life... would not change a thing..... and I will end with a quote from the card my husband gave me for our anniversary... " I can't wait to grow old & disgusting with you..."

2 comments:

  1. I had something in my nose that prevented me from breathing freely. Honest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What movie did you guys try to go and see?
    I am proud to call you sister as well.

    ReplyDelete