Thursday, May 29, 2008

Gas Prices SUCK

Ok so like my father in law I do not understand how gas on Wednesday can be $4.09 and then on Thursday morning it's $4.19. I just don't get it. Our gas station on the corner has the following prices: Regular is $4.19. Plus is $4.29. Premium is $4.39. This is completely ridiculous. I mean I don't drive as much anymore but you can bet I'd be even more ticked if I was still working full time and driving all over the place. I remember when living in NJ I would drive up to the gas station and ask for $2 worth of gas - always just enough gas to hold me over until payday. $2 nowadays barely gets you a half gallon of gas. The news talks about how expensive gas is but not one of them ever explains why the prices are going up so rapidly. Ok I'm done.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info because I have been meaning to ask what the prices are out there. This morning here at the 3N station by the 7-11 it is $3.79 and the WAWA down the highway has jumped to $3.81. Now when you go to get gas for the lawn mower you can't ask for fifty cents anymore. A 2-1/2 gallon container will cost over nine dollars to fill it. EGADS!! I remember when you could put fifty cents in your car and get nearly two gallons of gas. Ah, the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....at least when we spend all that money at the pumps in NJ we get our gas pumped for us...Ahhhh, the good ol' Garden State...:>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just thought i would post letting you know that as of yesterday may 31st...you know just TWO days after posting this blog entry.... regular gas went up again out here to $4.25 gallon...

    UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm....i paid $3.81 this morning...want me to ship some out your way? trade you some granola for some unleaded!

    ReplyDelete